Francis Ford Coppola Reveals What Should People Expect From The New Version Of The Godfather Part III
The director of The Godfather trilogy, Francis Ford Coppola, reveals the details that he changed in the new version of The Godfather Part III and sheds light on the fate of Michael Corleone.
The 30th anniversary of The Godfather: Part III will be celebrated with the release of its new version Mario Puzo’s The Godfather, Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone. It will be available on Blu-ray and digital on December 8.
The film, which will be re-shot by director Francis Ford Coppola, will have a different story from the beginning to the end. So this is a good opportunity for those who expect to see this legendary series again, but this time a different version of part 3.
Earlier this month at the announcement of the film’s release, Coppola, while talking about the new version of the film, showed that Michael Corleone had a special place for him and said that he was drawing a new destiny for the character.
Here’s what Coppola said about the movie:
“Mario Puzo’s The Godfather, Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone is an acknowledgment of Mario’s and my preferred title and our original intentions for what became The Godfather: Part III.
For this version of the finale, I created a new beginning and ending, and rearranged some scenes, shots, and music cues.”
“With these changes and the restored footage and sound, to me, it is a more appropriate conclusion to The Godfather and The Godfather: Part II, and I’m thankful to Jim Gianopulos and Paramount for allowing me to revisit it.”
Click here for the source.